How to start a mis-sold SIPP claim
It’s devastating to learn that you’ve lost part or all of your hard earned pension fund as a result of bad financial advice and it can feel like you have nowhere to turn. Our advisers at Beat the Banks understand the distress a situation like this causes and are here to help you.
The first step to starting a mis-sold SIPP claim with us is to call 0800 193 1234 and discuss the details of your case with one of our advisers. This initial call is a free, no-obligation consultation and the details of your case will be handled in the strictest confidence.
Each case is different, so in order for our advisers to fully assess your individual claim, they will need to know certain information regarding your situation. They may ask you questions including:
- Who would you like to make a claim against – a financial adviser, an investment scheme, a SIPP provider or an unregulated introducer?
- Were you approached by this organization or individual, or did you approach them?
- What is your previous experience and knowledge of investing?
- Were you led to believe that transferring your pensions to a SIPP would make you better off?
- Were you promised guaranteed returns, and have these materialised?
- Were you made aware of management fees and other costs associated with a SIPP?
- Were you told that switching to a SIPP would be a good way to avoid paying tax on your pension funds?
- Were pressure tactics employed to make you sign up to a SIPP?
- What date did you sign up for the SIPP?
- How much money did you transfer?
- How much money do you believe you have lost as a result of transferring to a SIPP?
To allow us to get to work on your case straight away, it’s helpful if you have as much information regarding your case to hand as possible.
If you’re ready to get the ball rolling with your mis-sold SIPP claim our team are waiting to talk to you, all you have to do is call us on 0800 193 1234. We’re here to help you fight your case and get the settlement you deserve.