You don’t have to use the services of a regulated claims management company, you can make a complaint yourself for free direct to the firm or the individual who you believe mis-sold the financial product. If your complaint is rejected, you may be able to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service free of charge. If your complaint relates to a firm or individual that is no longer authorised by the regulator and/or has ceased trading, you may be able to claim compensation for free from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. If your complaint is about the administration of your pension, you may be able to refer the matter to The Pension Ombudsman free of charge.